View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 05:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
Nice score, Sounds like two of the bikes will be saved if i read that above post right.
All 3 could potentially be saved...

But the 81's inner mudguard seems to be the most crunchy and being an early year of production has the most quirks.

The 84 is in better condition just that the engine is partially torn down for whatever reason.
The dual range gearbox only came on the AG 'agricultural models'...so both these bikes have seen more cow manure that post boxes. Both engines have worn front sprockets and they aint that cheap to replace either...$70AUD

Ebay Lifan 125cc semiauto is $300 new here...So I can see how the last owner might have 'given up' mid rebuild.

The 2011 frame is not as rusty but it is the most beat on and has little to no running gear.
Being a model after 1999 its is also updated compared to the other 2 bikes, better front suspension being an updated component.

However I also believe that an XL185 tripple tree fits a CT110 frame (which i have a spare) So I'm think of putting the 2011 forks on the 84...

Pretty much the same scenario I had with me XL185 escapades being that it took 3 clapped out bikes to make 2 decent runners...well until I I rode the CG250 with a worst 'case' head gasket failure back home and cooked it.