View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 02:07 AM   #2

So me and Jess did end up going for a ride today

She's getting much better at changing gears accelerating decelerating starting and stoping. Im very proud of her. She did spend some time as passenger today aswell.

It was only us going today
So I got the 2 bikes fuelled up and ready to go

I usually bring extra gas but today dident bother as we we're not planning to go for long.

Loaded them into the truck. My trusty 91 Toyota 4cyl 22re for the toyota fans out there

The gravel pit is only about a 10 minute drive away. Once jess is more comfortable riding we can drive about 2 minutes to the logging road entrance. Which can bring us anywhere we want to go via logging roads and small trails including the gravel pit.

We got the bikes unloaded

We rode a few laps of a couple different "loops" we've kinda plotted out.
Then jess wanted to park bike and go for a ride with me.

So we headed up to Cassidy lookout. Pretty steep climb but we managed. Only 1 hill was questionable with a passenger. But was easy as pie once we hit it.

This picture overlooks ladysmith a bit. (Sorry hard to make out)

More left from previous picture towards nanaimo
The light spot in the centre is nanaimo airport

Slightly more left showing more of nanaimo

And of course I had to pose for the camera

We left "the lookout" and tryed to make it to Timberlands lake. But hit a gate we couldn't get around.

We headed back to the truck and jess hopped back on her bike and we rode around for a while longer.

We were about ready to load up and jess kinda jokingly asked to try my bike. I said sure why not. Helped her get going and here she is.
She only stayed in 1st gear but was very proud of herself.
She doesn't think she will spend much time on it as she finds it very heavy.

Short vid of her TTR ride
Sorry I have no idea how to embed on the iPad

That's today's update.
I apologize if my posts are boring. But I enjoy sharing what little of our adventures I capture lol. I'm working at getting better at documenting our rides.

Dave