View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 03:01 PM   #211

Motoshop,
Thanks for posting. As Gimpster has not responded I will with what I know. He has been maintaining another thread and Katflap has continued to work on this problem. My understanding the main missing link to a low-cost ECU remapping is the reflashing of the ECU MAPS. The problem seems to be some combination of cheap USB convertors and the flash software.

You mention that the download is not stable. My guess is it is the cheap Chinese USB to serial conversion chips. I don't have any specific experience with the Delphi MT05 but have programmed USB to RS-232 in the past and has problems using adapters with clone chips. Basically, it drops bits and is otherwise unstable.

I think Gimpster has success using a genuine ELM327 although I don't think he has been able to reflash??? Considering the cost of alternatives even a $40 adapter is very cost-effective if it allows for a MAP reflash.

Keep us posted on progress using the tacktrix openport J2534.

Hopefully, Gimpster or Katflap can provide updates/corrections to my understanding.

Prior bikes Suzuki 81 GS750EX, 83 GS1100ED. Long time member at GSResources.com