View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 06:48 AM   #6

Hey, thanks for the information.

I'm in Orlando, so virtually sea level. But, in a couple weeks, I'll be taking the bike to Suches GA for some riding up there. Don't know the elevations, but it's the southern end of the Appalatians. But, that's just a weekend trip.

All stock airbox. Generic uni-filter style foam filter. Stock exhaust header. Stock muffler, but I re-wrapped its core with new fiberglass wool stuff. Core is basically straight-thru - you can see straight thru it. Stock end cap with some wire mesh stuff there as a spark arrestor.

I'll start off with the 27.5 pilot / 112.5 main and see how it runs and go from there.

On a side note, last night I checked the valve clearances - hoo boy, there was virtually none at all. Couldn't slide the 0.002" feeler in there at all. The manual calls for 0.002" intake and exhaust, but that just seemed way tight to me. So, I went with 0.003" intake and 0.004" exhaust. Slappy valves are happy valves and all that!

What a difference! Starts right up easily on first kick. Before, it did NOT want to kick-start; would only start using the electric start. So, I'm really pleased overall.

Thanks,

Kirk