View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #2

[/COLOR]Remove the stock light by two pushpins and unthread that wing nut. Place the LED in the bracket and you can see the general location you want it to be mounted. We are going to cut and remove the entire lower portion of the bracket as it won't be used and focus on just the top plate.

Here's a view from the top. Notice how close it is to following the natural line of the stock bracket. Well, we are gonna run with this idea. The LED bracket is a tad to wide so we are going to tweek it a little. Also, notice the corners aren't exactly the same curve..

We did 2 things here. One, we opened the hole up enough for the silver bracket to slide in, and two, we squared off the corners so it could seat all the way.

A few tacks top and bottom and they are mated for life.

Basically just bolt the LED light to the bracket with the one through bolt. Quick coat of paint over your welds if you like and its ready to go on the truck using two of the original 3 stock studs.

Here's the comparison, driver is LED, passenger is still stock. The LED seems brighter overall and definitely has a whiter light. I'm hoping that aides in clarity during general use.

Here it is complete:

And what it looks like turned off:

Questions, comments, suggestions? As for adjusting them, the stock bracket is that great metal: that's soft enough to bend and tough enough to hold the bend after its bent. I'm gonna wait till the sun goes down and adjust by hand until they are how I want. These are hooked to the stock wires and work with the stock fog light button.

Alright, comparison pics:
Lows:

Fogs:

Highs:
07 CRF50 - Stock