View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 04:44 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumatae View Post
So I emailed Gerry regarding this stalling issue and received a not so encouraging email. He stated that I should be fueling high octane 91 fuel from a name brand station (i've been using costco) even though owner's manual states 87 octane or higher. He also says fuel filter needs to be replaced every 10,000 miles but again, there is no statement in the owner's manual that says it ever needs replacing. He made it sound like I was a negligent owner and not doing my due diligence as if I was supposed to know it all. Whatevers, I'll do a valve clearance and see what happens.
Usually the stalling issue starts far earlier than 10,000 miles. I've basically attributed it to the system being in open loop because it usually only happens in the first 10 minutes of riding.
I'd be curious to see if the guys changing to hotter stats have any stalling issues. Maybe the bike doesn't run quite hot enough to keep it in closed loop all the time?....or right on the border??

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350