Thread: Goodbye for now
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 01:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmartin View Post
Thanks JB. Yeah, I threw my leg over one and it is tall but could get my toes down. Tossed my leg over a lowered GS and could flat foot it. So I'm going to have a recommended local guy turn my saddle into a low seat which will take an inch off the height. Then I'm going to put on a set of progressive Hyperpro springs in the forks and on the shock. Options are 20, 35 or 50mm for lowering. So the bike starts at 35 inches, then the low seat takes it to 34 and I plan on doing the 50mm lowering so then it's only 32 tall. It does reduce the ground clearance and fork/shock but the reviews are excellent. Since they are progressive an unloaded bike can still be easily put on the center stand BUT I will have to cut down my side stand by 3/4". That will be cheap and easy. This has to be done as I'll be loaded and sitting on the bike and it will want to stand to straight without cutting it down. My current bike is 32 13/16 since I have the seat concepts seat, progressive 465 and 19" front with Shinko 804/805 tires.
Hi Joe,
Thanks for all of your input on this site.
I hope you enjoy your new Bike.
That was very generous of you to donate your old bike.

Regarding your old RX3 and the seat height, I also have the seat concepts tall seat and still have the stock tires.
Did the 804/805's raise the bike?
Yours is almost 2" higher than mine. This may be too late but, do you know how tall the tires are?
I'm looking to gain a little ground clearance on my bike.
Thanks.