View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #8

Krat - Your comments made just as much sense as wiping before you poop.. I'm sure Facebook still has room for that childish banter.

Boygold: Glad you did get one problem figured out - and on the second issue of electrical; on my bike, I have to have the front brake engaged and of course kill off before I can crank it; same with kick starting.. I'm used to engaging the clutch but, whatever - just that China charm lol.. And I don't actually have a kill switch on the kickstand. That was kind of a relief to me, being only ridden bikes that shut off when you put the stand down... sometimes I wanna keep it going, or need to adjust the idle.. Also.. would be worth taking a look at the fuses, solenoid, and possibly checking the rectifier with a multimeter for any malfunctioning diodes. Should be able to pass current positive bias and negative bias - if you get positive bias to pass as negative bias, that's bad. Do you get power to your peripherals when the ignition is on? I.e. - lights, horn, signals.. My ignition wiring came mucked up and had to repair it before I could get any further - ripped ground wire, assumed from shipping. I also have a single wire poking out from one harness that wasn't used - when it's grounded, I get a magical 6th gear!.. but, that wire isn't used at all for this bike. I pulled it through and isolated it from any ground points / conductive surfaces. Check all of your ground wire points too! My ignition coil had the ground attached on the frame, but the frame is painted! So, no ground!! About 3min and some sandpaper fixed that. Little things like this are easily missed.. Just go over everything a few times, check all the plugs, wiring, fuses, follow all the grounds and take a close look at everything. These aren't Japanese bikes so, sometimes things are reversed