View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 05:30 PM   #36

Hmmm i see the pics i had in here do not work anymore. Something i will need to fix. Easy enough to do when i transport the bike to a friends place next week, Just take some new pics....hell i might even try to motivate myself to get out into the heat today to do that even...Anyways...Since i did mention this bike in my XL thread figured i would bump it up as well even if it is to put updated pics in.

Plans for this year with this bike:

Redo the battery wiring with good quality bullet connectors on the bike side and spades on the other side of a pair of adapter wires. That way if i do change back to a battery with ring terminals it is simple to swap over.

I may go looking for a wiring diagram for the DT to see where the fuses are..if there are any to be found. I may end up taking a trick out of how the Honda is wired up and placing an inline fuse between the bikes harness and the battery on the aforementioned adapters. Easy enough to do...just use an inline fuse holder for the positive wire.

Measure and see if i can in fact run two of the smaller SLAs in the battery tray for increased capacity.

Add a lead for battery tender with spade terminals on it for the batteries. Most likely will end up setting this up in a simple way. Namely just have the wires there to unplug the battery from the bike and onto the tender harness..that way it ensures that the bike does not drain the batteries from sitting with a light on or anything like that.

Weld since i know you are big into Mikunis do you know of anything in their line up (and or the clone line up) that is 28 mm? Was looking at the VM26 clones then found out the DT uses a 28 mm carb..not sure if going down to the 26 would cause me any issues or not.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)