View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #12

I'm a little biased but I say go for it.

Valve adjustments are the biggest regular maintenance item. If you have average mechanical skills, some patience, sockets, wrenches and feeler gauges its really not a big deal. The manual cd that comes with the bike is pretty comprehensive. The valve adjustment and a number of other maintenance items are covered here on CR. CSC is just a phone call away and more than willing to give you advise if you run into issues. Gerry and team are great. Dont' forget the 2 year unlimited mileage warranty.

I'm in Colorado as well. Just moved to rural southern Colorado/Sangre De Cristos from the Denver area. You will not regret getting the RXR or RX3 in the twisties and on the thousands of miles of National Forest roads in the state. Give the RX3 some thought. Lots of moto-camping opportunities near the Denver area as well as the rest of the state. The cases will hold a good bit of gear. It easily holds my backpacking set up plus fishing gear. Doesn't take long to pull the cases and guards off if you want to lighten the load.

We get a lot of blue bird days in winter. Get some decent cold weather gear, heat grips or gloves and you can ride year round barring snow and ice. Highly suggest getting the 13T front sprocket was well, only $13 from CSC. Gives you a little more low end grunt for hills and such without giving up much on the top end. If seat height is not an issue also look the Kenda 270's or Shinko 244's. Good 60/40 dual sport tire that wears well and handles well both on and off pavement and are reasonably priced.

I've had more people curious about the RX3 at gas stations and stop lights than have panned it for being a Chinese bike.

If you need to save your nickels a little while longer, CSC will put them on sale again at some point or offer free shipping around to July 4th or Labor Day.

Best of Luck
Rojo