View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #10

Thumbs Down I wouldn’t buy an RXR250

I purchased a new CSC RXR250 and it was shipped free to my address.
After unpacking it and trying to get it running and adjusted, I noticed many small parts, lot of screws, bolts, and other fasteners were missing or had fallen off during shipping. I also found the drive chain was too tight, the clutch cable play was nonexistent and the rear wheel was out of alignment.
When I finally took it out for a ride, the engine was not very smooth and the bike would not hold a constant speed. You would think that fuel injection would be less finicky than a carburetor.
I was really disappointed that CSC didn’t finish the initial set up and adjustments as advertised. I guess that they employee a lot of trainees!
Since your located in Colorado, you’ll have a lot of fun setting up your bike and getting it to run smooth and correctly!
I’d recommend purchasing a used, non-Chinese bike as your first bike. It will be a lot easier to get help with any problems that arise.
As far as finding local help with a Chinese bike, good luck with that. A lot of motorcycle mechanics will just refuse to work on Chinese bikes.
Basically I was very disappointed with my purchase and would not recommend the RXR250 to anybody.
GOOD LUCK!