View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 01:07 AM   #5

Lots of great comments from experienced riders has already been posted. I'll toss out a few things specific to your questions. I'm a new rider...well now about 15 months into it and I got an RX3 to start me out. It's been a great beginner bike. Fuel mileage is good, cruises in town like a dream, light so it turns well, can take a beating if you go offroad or just drop it, and it can do the freeway fine with the exception of 70+ going uphill. It's a 250 so it may drop below 70 so you just need to get in the slow lane. Since there isn't a dealer network you need to do one of two things when it comes to maintenance...either do it yourself as I do OR check around and see if there is an independent motorcycle shop that will work on it. Others mentioned upgrading to the RX3 and I think that would be good if you can swing it. That will provide you the protection you will want for those trails you mentioned and I'll guarantee you'll wish you had some storage like the boxes. Good luck with whatever your choice is.

Joe