View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 10:51 PM   #4

Jay, my recommendation would normally be to buy a used small displacement bike as your first one. That way the first owner has already taken the big depreciation hit, when you drop the bike (you will) the damage is not so heartbreaking, and you get to decide if that size bike is right for you without getting so financially committed. In this case I think you will find that a decent used Japanese bike will cost the same or more than the CSC bike you mentioned. If that is indeed the case you get the advantage of a warrantee when you buy the new bike. I'd go with the RX3 because of the crash bars and luggage. Yes, it's more expensive but the add on stuff is worth it. Your view of bikes will change a great deal in the first 6 months or so. It's all too tempting to think that a 250 is just too small and that since everyone else wants a 1200cc bike that must be much better. Most of us have already gone the big bike route and seen the benefits of smaller and lighter. You will probably have to make that journey yourself. Bear in mind that the CSC bikes will lose about 50% of their resale value in the first year or two so they are not a good stepping stone bike on the way to the big guys. Whatever you decide, welcome to the club. Ride something, anything, and enjoy the experience. Happy to have you aboard.

Last edited by pyoungbl; 12-01-2017 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling