View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Vicky, Welcome aboard.
I would ride it for 1000-2000 km before doing anything drastic as far as changing things. The motor , brakes will get better as they break in but in the end it's still a 400 lb 250. Change motor oil and check valves and just enjoy it as is . I've got over 12,000 mi on mine and it runs as good as when it had 2-3000 miles on it. I've gotten use to the speedo and gas gage being off and just go by my GPS anyway. It's a tight little motor that does need breaking in before you start making it sing. But mine will go for hours on end with throttle nearly pegged on the freeway till I have to stop and get gas. It's faithfully carried me on many wonderful camping trips for thousands of miles without a single break down other then loose nuts and bolts. So you'll want to go over them every so often especially on the luggage and engine crash bars as they seem to come loose the most , especially if you are doing rough trail rides. Have fun and enjoy getting to know your new RX3, rj

+1 to this. Such a huge difference in engine response and character from mile 1 to mile 1000. Almost feels like a different motor after its broken in. If you commute on freeways at 100kph/62mph I would say keep same sprockets. If you do more in town city riding or trail riding, you will find the bike much more to your liking switching to the 13t sprocket as others have mentioned. I do a mix of freeway city and trail riding. 700 miles/1000 kilometers on dirt last year and 1200 miles on freeway and in town roads. I have the 13 tooth sprocket and love it. Not really any downsides to it except higher speeds above 120kph/72mph it is little buzzy but not terrible.