View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 07:30 AM   #40

I concur with the Idles funny and periodically stalls for no reason... it did that today on me
had to turn over 3 times before it restarted.... not normal usually it only makes a half revolution to start ! kind'a strange !
I've had no trouble with starting out in first... in fact I started out in 2nd today like an idiot ! LOL I thought it was in 1st but it wasn't ! LOL
But I am used to feathering the clutch too.... you do need to give the bike quite a bit of gas as your letting the clutch out....it's a heavy bike !
On my bike I've done quite a bit of changing stuff....
.... Amazon bark busters like hand guards
.... Kwick Loc phone mount
.... made a pole/winch to lift up the bike for me if I can't lift it up
.... Added a nice thick crash plate under the engine that I had for a XR650L used the plastic skid plate as
a pattern drilled 4 holes and it mounted up fine... I had to dent the one side to clear the exhaust pipe
better but it works great and looks good too.
.... Lowered the front and rear 2"
.... handle bar risers that pivot in the old mounting spot
( had to do that to lower the front)
.... just put on a rear spring and had to take it back off because it didn't fit....so I still
have that hard rear spring on it, which I will change when I find a suitable spring !
.... Lowered the pressure in the tires to where the dash warns me about it....(i had to
do something to soften the ride it was beating me to death!)
.... I let some pressure out of the rear air shock down to about 30 lbs it still rides too
hard but I can feel that it's a little better !
.... adjusted the forks and rear shock to the fastest setting possible.
.... I read the numbers on the temp gauge now sense the gauge hovers one bar from
the top all the time !
I have the bike just about where I want it now, with the exception of the RIDEwhich is way to stiff in the rear and maybe steeper final gearing to drop the RPM's at 70mph
but other than that it seems to be a great bike ! I highly recommend it only 130 miles or so on it so far but it is warming up outside a bit so soon I'll get more miles on
"Miss piggy" LOL
Bob......