View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 08:01 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpiano View Post
that's a great point about the cap. I bought a rubber cap and fitted it over that. What about the block off plate for the emissions port on the head? I just used a cut piece of metal. Maybe it's not sealed well and a gasket maker or sealant would work to seal it better?? Do you have any recommendations regarding that? The auto parts guy said water weld by jb weld was the way to go but I've never heard of that being used as a gasket.

I probably could get someone to remove the cat! I just live smack in the city in a small apartment without access to power tools and don't know how to weld. Spending $200 on a nicer looking pipe without a cat is something I'd maybe do in the future, but I'm trying to keep it budget until I decide if it's even for me.

Mainly this bike is for getting a start with offroading because I am not sure I can handle my 600+ lb adv bike on the local trails. If it performs well and is reliable it will probably become my urban commuter too.
I placed rubber caps over both the intake manifold and the head port and secured caps with a small zip tye. A small welding shop might help with the cat removal for a few bucks and let them keep the cat material as it has some value. It's better than $200 for a new headpipe. Is the carb bolted squarely on the manifold, I've seen them tightened down not flush and leak air. Good luck.