View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 06:18 PM   #12

It's been a frustrating couple of days. Wednesday morning I received a phone call from the company that was supposed to deliver the Ranch Pony (and enduro). They told me that the Ranch Pony and enduro were to big for lift gate service and that I would have to come pick them up or they would have to send the back. Reluctantly, these being Christmas presents and there is not enough time to order from somebody else, I rented a 6 x 12 Uhaul enclosed Uhaul trailer. This was the biggest and only style trailer that Uhaul had anywhere close to my area. I pulled the trailer 88 miles to Indianopilis. When I got there I discovered that the crate for the Ranch Pony is 2 inches wider than the trailer door opening I had them set the crate in there parking lot. I uncrated the Ranch pony and assembled the stuts and installed the wheels (with help from there forklift). 3 hours later I was ready to load in the trailer. The tires where flat so I had to steer the Pony while a fork lift driver pushed it into the trailer. (it was extremely hard to roll with flat tires) At 9:00 that night i left to head back home. When I got home I miss jugded where the driveway was backing the trailer in and got stuck in the yard. I had to unhitch the trailer with 200 lbs of toys in it to get the truck unstuck. With the truck back in the driveway I got a chain and pulled the trailer back into the driveway. I then had to get a jack to lift the trailer tongue so that I could rehitch the trailer. (not an easy thing to do in the dark and by yourself) This time I turned the truck around and pulled the trailer into the driveway. I then was able to air the back tires up and the Pony rolled a little easier and I was able to get the back wheels out of the trailer far enough that I could air the front tires up. Finally I got it into the garage, I then started assembling the bike in the trailer so that I could roll it into the garage. I had to have The trailer back at by 1 on Thursday and then go work so I didn't get any assembling done Thursday. When I got home Friday morning from work (1:00 am) I worked until 5 am assembling the bike. I got up at 10:30 this morning and started assembling the Pony but had to quit at 1:00 to get ready for work, I work on it more tonight. Pictures to come.