View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #18

Bit more info and an update on the '84 C10

It was originally a 305 gas powered truck and had factory AC in it. One day i intend to restore the AC in it for warmer weather.
It is suspected that the engine came out of a 2 door model Cutlass due to the fact it has the factory 4 barrel quadrajet carb and large cap HEI Ignition.

Currenly having a temp sensor issue which may have been figured out today. I noticed it reads extremely low for the temp im noticing out of the heater. After talking about the problem with an old school guy at the parts shop it was pointed out that the car the engine came from may have been equipped with an idiot light instead of a gauge like the truck. So the solution to this problem will be to install an aftermarket gauge mounted under the dash and installing its sensor in place of the OE gauge. Eventually i may do what i seen on a few chevy truck sites and that is eliminating the stock warning gauges on the left side of the dash and just keep the stock speedo and fuel gauge. I would then end up replacing the stock ones with aftermarket units fitted through the stock plastic bezel. More then likely if i go this route i will probably use some autometer sport comps or similar...something that looks similar to the stock gauges anyway...

Anyways heres some pics of the truck...

New box and fenders for the truck sitting at my buddies place

'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)