View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 11:44 PM   #1

Louis's Genuine RoughHouse50 upgrades

Well, I got plum sick and tired of remodeling this darn house, so I took a night off from house restoration and decided I was in desperate need of
some " wrench therapy" :-D

As in my sig. , I still own a 2014 Genuine Scooter Company (subsidiary of Vespa as I understand it)
I gave it to my wife when I bought the Will200 Dual Sport, but she has put, now hold on, 1 ONE mile on it since February. So I ride it from time to time to keep the fuel swapped out and battery charged.
I had ordered all those "stage 2" performance goodies back many months ago, http://www.scooterworks.com/performa...8#.VZtIf-9RGP8 and since I am so crunched for space in the new house, one GOOD way to get that big 'ol box out of the way is to PUT THEM ON!!!!! lmao!!!!!

Soooooooo, I laid in the floor and went to work.
Hard to tell in the pictures, but the 70cc sure is a LOT bigger piston than the 49cc !!!!
Tonight I got the old engine apart and new piston, jug, and head installed. Fought with that stupid teeny tiny wrist pin retaining snapring for nearly 20 min!!! UHHHGGGG! Anywhooooo, tomorrow I will remove and rejet the carb, install the exhaust, and tear down the CVT and hopefully by Thursday --weather permitting-- I can ride it to work again. Rode it today and remembered why I love the little scooters so much.
LOVE my big Yamaha V-Star cruiser, but the little scooters just work so darn well zipping around town! In bone stock form I have no problems keeping up with the in town traffic going to work. There is one, and only one section of the drive in to work that gives me trouble. A very very long 40 MPH 4 to 5% uphill section on the way in. 45ish MPH at the bottom, by the time I get to the top I am going MAYBE 30 MPH with umpteen cars behind me pissed off at the little scooter dork!

I HOPE this will fix that problem!!! For my closed-course competition of course. I would Neeeeeeevvvvvver put it on the road.
:-D
Attached Images

Last edited by Louis Angel; 07-07-2015 at 02:16 PM.