View Single Post
Old 07-06-2023, 08:52 PM   #3

Doh!

Thank you JerryHawk250.

Adjusted the throttle cable as you suggested and that fixed the issue.

Not having a good morning as I tried my key in the steering lock and it broke off with very little effort. This is not my first Ice Bear as my 2012 Dong Fang Bobber 250 had the same issue with cheap brittle metalurgy. I remember the rust issue on the wheel spokes for leaving the bike out in the rain for just one day. Oh well. It's an adventure. At least the Champion uses aluminium wheels like my Hyosung.

Will have to go to see a locksmith in Killeen, TX to see if I can get two new keys made.

Got the stuff to re-drill the license plate bracket but nobody in town sells a center punch. Doesn't anybody fix their own stuff anymore? Might have to order one.

My main issue is how hard it is to downshift. Like a dummy, I did not check the oil level and it is a bit low, so I got oil today. I hope that will help.

I did take auto shop in 1981 LOL, but I do not feel comfortable messing with any carb. I checked youtube and a Makuni carb is a drop in and the guy said that stock carbs are trash. So I see spending $30 or so for one on Ebay.

I did order a magnetic drain plug for $7 online so I hope it fits. I see new rear shocks in my future as well. This is a work in progress.