View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Dig it! I love the attempt at a ram-air snorkel.

I spotted the orange and white plates; do you have any issues with dragging a car across 50th avenue? Do you have to do an out-of-Province inspection? I know that Lloyd has some special provisions, like elimination of PST, but I don't know how it works with cars. My question also applies with dragging cars westward across 50th.

If I were to do an engine swap, I might be inclined to use an old Rocket, just for nostalgia. Another attractive option is to find a wasted '99 Silverado and use the engine, trans, computer, etc to go LS. Even the 4.8 would stomp on a 305.

Due to the car being older then 30 years old i can plate it on antique plates. Cost about $23/month unless i have it on autopac then it drops to $13/month. The car does not require an inspection or anything. I could literally take a road trip to your part of the country. Haul a car back from there and plate it on my way through town to the storage yard

As for engine swaps...i did bat a few ideas around including the 350 Rocket from my '84 C10 but i kinda realized that engine is what gives that truck its personality. Now if i were to stumble upon a decent one on Kijiji that is an entirely different matter....I have also kicked around the idea of a 454 Big block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I am with Weld on this one ,but would think even just a any of the Chevy fuelly engines would be a huge improvement , the olds engines were awesome ,but they cost so much more than a Chevy to play with it's just not worth it ,although ,I do think I still have an extra 455 w30 from my 442 days in the back of the garage .I would find a good runner truck complete ,and strip it like the Indians did to the buffalo ,and end up with a fairly inexpensive car when finished .
Eh...not so much into the whole "Must LS Swap Everything!" trend that exists now...Give me a good old basic SBC with a QJet or a Holley and i am content. I like being able to fix something on the side of the road with nothing more then a couple wrenches and maybe some bailing wire and/or Duct tape
Save
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)