View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 07:53 AM   #39

Thanks for clarifying--I know people on here get certain prices stuck in their head, and don't realize once a bike sells out, it either takes months to get a few more, and then sells out and is gone for good, or NEVER comes back. The $1400 Storm might not be anymore, even if dealers keep teasing with "a few months." The first time I saw it was with a brand called Hibird. They had the first enduro over 200cc available for the mass-market. It took Chinariders by storm (pun intended)! They were selling like hotcakes for $1100, shipped. Then, they ran out. Never to be seen again. The importer/dealer got a container of 200cc bikes, identical to the 229cc version, charged $1200, and promptly sold out. Then there were none.

Ironically, a year or so later, the dealer started selling a 229cc enduro by a brand called Hensim, which, too, promptly sold out. It would take a few more years to see Hensims again--now called the Hawk.

History keeps repeating itself, and sometimes members have to resign to paying more, which, ironically, is only a few hundred bucks more in most cases. Heck, I keep seeing the once-$1200 Hawk now selling for $1400+, and that bike needs work out of the box (sprocket, carb, exhaust, etc) to compare with other bikes, namely Bashan.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard