View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 10:08 AM   #14

Every motorcycle EFI system I'm familiar with (Ducati, Triumph, Moto Guzzi) runs in closed loop up to about 3500 rpm and then switches to open loop for higher rpms. Ours might have a higher crossover point but I'm pretty sure the closed loop is only significant for us at idle or just above idle. The EPA cycle could possibly dictate testing at some highway speed as opposed to a specific rpm range so that in itself would modify where the ECU goes from closed to open loop. On the other bikes it is common to have drivability issues at low throttle settings unless the ECU is re-mapped or the owner installs a gadget like a Power Commander to modify the fuel delivery. We do not seem to have that problem and I see no need to mess with the fuel map.

The amount of fuel being dumped by the OCS is really pretty small. I'd guess less than a cc in the batch that I dumped. There is much more water. Personally, I'm happy to see any water vapor being pulled from the crankcase. If it goes to the airbox or the ground...either is a good thing just as long as it is not in the oil. One could always install a larger catch bottle if the volume is a concern.