View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 04:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
My Dad had the Chevy version of this truck, except with an automatic. 350, 4 barrel, Edelbrock intake, Hooker headers, Cheery Bombs, and dual tanks. I drove it from Chicago to Nova Scotia, and back, with a camper on the back. I needed a second mortgage to pay off the gas card.
This one has dual exhaust and a 4 barrel and thankfully dual tanks lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Sweet deal! A 3/4 ton like that would be perfect. How are the cab corners?

Do you plan to use the Sierra diesel in the rat rod?
Its actually a pretty damn solid truck! Amazingly little rust for a truck of its year. As for the Sierra....no its 6.5 Detroit is staying right where it is lol...Hopefully next summer i will be doing a solid front axle swap to make it a much more capable 4x4 possibly along with an NV4500 5 speed manual swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I hope this vehicle works well for you.
Given the past year...so do i....This truck is replacing a '95 S10 blazer that became a money pit over the past few months as well as the '00 Astro that was supposed to replace the S10 but got totaled off after a month...both of which replaced a '14 Toyota Camry which was supposed to replace the aforementioned S10 and a '08 Chevy Trailblazer...
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)