View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 05:48 PM   #68

Wow! Almost a year since the last update. Scooter is still doing great. Only problem I have had is that the cancel button on the turn signal switch popped off and the muffler now has a pretty good rattle at certain RPM's.

I have played with the variator some and now have a solid 50 mph. Just received some more rollers and sliders and hoping to get a bit more. I think the next step is larger carb and exhaust. I may even order in a head and try a port and polish too.

I never checked the valve clearances since I have had it. At 1300 miles I figured I had better. Valves did not even need adjustment! Now that is impressive.....

No adventures lately just in town and work trips. I am looking at doing some scamping next year though. Just need to get some light weight gear and talk my son into going. Going to make up some panniers for extra storage. Oh, I did add a trunk and a aftermarket electronic speedometer that has speed, RPM, ODO, Trip, and Time. The speed is calibratable so now I know my real speed. Old speedo was off by as much a 8 MPH.