View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Update on the dyno situation....

As much as I hate to do this, I am nixing the stock dyno for one reason. The earliest I can get my bike in to have it dynoed is... September 12th. That was after calling the other 3 shops in town as well. Appearently, this is the worst time of the year to try and get in for a dyno tune. They won't run the dyno unless it is below 90 degrees, so they only run early morning and at night, which limits their hours. Then, aside from walk in customers like me, they also do work for other bike shops and dealerships around town, so they already have a 4 week waiting list just from that. He said that it might move up a week or two if the weather cools down, but it's not likely.

So, I am going to do the bolt on modifications and simply dyno the bike after that. I won't have a before to compare it to, but I figure even seeing the unlocked potential of the bike is fine, at least for me. It will also give me a before number for the head porting portion of my little expiriment.

Thus, my mods are going on tonight. Sorry to disappoint, but I am tired of waiting. If they would have told me 2 or 3 weeks I would have waited, but not 6+
Now you can claim hp increase s from their claimed ratings of 14 or so. No biggie and cheaper on the billfold.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~