Thread: CSC's New RX6
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 01:05 PM   #9

It Ain't 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Make that intro price 5k and they'll generate some buzz for sure and help spread the word
Not happening in 2023. We're 8 years removed from the RX3 introduction and light years beyond its production quality. The name brand componentry (Nissin brakes, KYB suspension; Bosch ABS & EFI, Pirelli tires) alone probably accounts for a quarter, possibly more, of the RX6's production cost; then you have to add in all the technology (electrically adjusted windscreen, front and rear video cameras, keyless start and immobilizer, backlit switch gear, TFT dash), plus the licensing for the Norton derived engine. It all adds up. I'm surprised that CSC is able to offer it at the price that they are - at $6700 it's a steal for early adopters, given the level of quality and features that it has.

The RX6 is WAY more than another feeble attempt at cloning the Versys 650, Zongshen appears to have used that bike as a standard bearer, analyzed its strengths and weaknesses, and then matched or exceeded it in almost every way - 270 degree crank engine for more character, lower seat height, more comprehensive electronic features, and much lower MSRP. To put that in perspective, I paid $6400 delivered for my RX4 back in 2019, this bike should come in at $7700 delivered, with way more power and features, plus even better build quality than the already great RX4's. I'm not regretting my pre-order, I can tell you that. This is definitely going to be a fun one.

Last edited by Working_ZS; 04-05-2023 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Corrected EFI Manufacturer