Thread: Megelli 250r
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #6

well past time to get this started here . first impressions . Some know and some don't The bike was damaged in shipping . prize bike with no warranty and no help with the damage , well not that big a deal 30.something dollars and on the road i go . right off the bat . more power than i had been riding (viva 200) an extra gear 6 instead of 5 . really enjoyed the extra power ,it would even bark second gear wow . after that is when it got rough . this bike is sprung way to heavy for my weight and i think bennche may have missed the boat , bringing a bike that stiff . any extended ride is hard on the body , i have to admit that the sport bike ride position turns out to be not for me at least on this bike ,the stiff front end pounds my wrist badly . i got om line and looked for street bike setups on how to adjust sag on the rear spring (only adjustment on it ) this further proved it is way to heavily sprung . all the sag should be from the riders weight ,to get any sag at all i had to adjust it till it was sagging with bike weight 25mm and 5mm more with my weight . It's still stiff ,but better and with some compliance in the rear ,the second gear bark is gone . power can be an illusion ,based on a chassis / suspension being stupid . the problem that got resolve right at the end of the riding season. from day one it had a bad front brake vibration . talked to bennche (no warranty ) so again 30 something dollars OK not to bad . replaced the rotor , took it for a ride . not as bad ,but still front brake vibration was sill there . So another few emails back and forth . i don't want to pay for another rotor , so i asked can you warranty the one i bought . no reply several more e mails no reply . finally one day i looked up and called a bennche megelli dealer in Hanover pa. . he was very helpful with this and said he'd run it through his contact at bennche . several days later got an email from Johnny tai . owner of bennche . he set me up with a contact in china . we had a few convo's and finally sent me a complete front brake setup lever to caliper and rotor . according to the rep in china it was all updated , due to problems . witch was also noted on the motorcycle .com review . well it fixed the vibration and got in a few short rides before i couldn't take the cold weather . overall i think it's a good bike . mods needed to make it a really good bike .