Thread: Italika DM150
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #12

Thank you for the tips.

BUMP because this bike rocks!!

I took her on some trails today,really made me happy. The front tire seems like a bad idea for trails, but as long as you arent going over rocks bigger then 8" its great, tons of "feedback" and "feel".And it gets a lot more traction offroad then i would have expected. i havent had the front tire wash out at all without knowing it was going to happen (bike has not touched the ground nor will it any time soon 8) .

The forks can be a bit harsh at times when going over small bumps/rocks causing some headshake and lack of control but nothing that touching the brakes cant fix

no overheating going slow in 1st gear, no overheating pulling hills. no problems!

It feels like the engine is loosening up and running better,smoother, cooler every ride.Clutch has excellent "slip-ability" after 160km, on par with any jap bike.Also, i dont see why everyone says these engines have lots of vibration. I even have solid motor mounts and i never notice it. maybe at idle and above 6000rpm but thats normal,aint it?

It just does not feel like a MX/enduro bike at all though. soooo much more stable and easy to drive. I cant really throw it around like a 2 stroke with my mere 135lbs but i never feel over powered by it. A very easy bike for a learner, but i would not call it bland or boring. but I have never ridden a street sport bike but i imagine it "feels" similar.
Tons of fun no matter what surface you are on. :wink: