View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #24

HAHA! Success! 50 year old Moen shower valve, good as new!

The part I received that Cal pointed me to was a REAL Moen part! Made in USA! (some foreign parts included....it says. Gee! Wonder where!? 8) )

I was impressed! Nice piece of brass....even came with a good quality o-ring so I didn't need any teflon tape!

This is how much water was coming out of the tub spout with the shower on. You can only imagine how little was coming out of the shower nozzle. Basically....you got pee'd on rinsing your hair. 8O

Had to bust out the Roto-Zip to access the diverter.

The new one wasn't the same nut size as the 50 year old one!...so what I brought didn't work! :x Had to dig around in her garage. Found the proper setup to remove the old one....thank the Lord! You prep as much as possible....but with a 2 hour drive in foul weather....you can only anticipate so much.

Had to dig around in the valve and get all the old parts out that rotted off the old diverter.

VIOLA! The new one fit like a glove even though there was a few changes over a half a century!

WOO HOO! In the last 2 years I've been up there helping out, it's NEVER been this good! We may even get clean now!

I'd like to send a special thanks out to everyone who helped get this project completed here at Chinariders! You guys are the best!
Merry Christmas to all!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350