View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #13

I have become less brand loyal and pic out models that have tend to have a good record. Current fleet consists of one of each of the big three domestics. Not too big on Jap cars. All of the ones I owned never lived up to the name.

I too like the XJ jeeps. Had two of those. I am have owned over 70 cars in my short driving span. Most of these sub $500 units. Some bought for parts only.

2LZ. I drove an 85 S10 with the 1.9L Isuzu. 400K plus on it. Frame finally let go after an 1100lb scrap run. Replace with another one just like it. Replacement had power steering. :roll: Shop truck.

Like Doc said. Current vehicles are way better, but they also tend to cost more to repair.

97 Buick lesabre that I bought last year. Older tech in a known solid platform. Any issues are easily solved and the local yard has about 20 of them for parts. $1500 spent. $300 for some maintenance parts. Over 10K miles with no issues. Everything works. No rust. Gets good mileage. 205hp smokes the hondas. wire wheels a spinnin.