View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone
From the seller of the HD video sunglasses on EBAY.

"Dear skeekah, (aka barnone)

hi,
yes,this is 1280x960 video,thank you!

- jornson2009"
With respect, he is full of BS. That is not a proper video resolution.

Last number must end like this:
420 (old style)
480 (progressive scan dvd player)
720 (HD Network TV resolution)
1080 (Blu Ray Resolution)

The first number would depend on the display capabilities and usually correlates to the last. For Example: It is not possible to have a 1980x480 resolution. It is usually 1980x1080, 1280x720, 640x480 etc.

Some newer 1080p plasma screen were capable of 1280x1080p.

The only thing they could be quoting is how big the box of video shows up on your screen as. When you embed youtube videos into web sites, you can adjust the size of the box it displays.(width v height) You can edit the code to show the video box into any size rectangle you want, and adjust those two numbers anyway you want. It does not change the native video resolution one bit though, just streches it out. I have pasted sample code so you see what I mean.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TKK9A6dPmAs?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I've dealt with enough chinese electronics manufacturers in my life to know you need to be super careful with them. He either does not know the difference either and is believing the spec from the factory, or he's just telling you what you want to hear to make the sale, and then claim "I did not understand" when it comes time to complain. I once asked for a sample of a cell phone, made under North American GSM standards, to let Best Buy test it. (They wanted to buy it) Cell phones in Asia and Europe run under a different MHZ bandwidth. The factory told me it was a quad band phone and would work, we paid and they sent it. When it got here it would not work with the sim card, and when I inquired, I was told if I wanted it to work here I would have to order 10,000 of them. Told one thing, get the sale, then change it after it's paid for.

Needless to say, Best Buy could've bought 100,000 of them, but they wanted one working one before making a decision. Another dead deal out of closed minded thinking.

I still have that damn thing in my drawer...and it's still a cool phone. When I brought it to Rogers for a sim card, the girl at the counter wanted to buy it. It was an early touch screen, and the screen actually flipped open and behind it was a mirror. I think every girl would want it for that reason.