View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
olds_cool,

I very rarely ever get into the street threads here, as about 90% of my business is off-road units, but I did receive the email from you with this request just yesterday morning. It's always best to get my attention through e-mail or a phone call, both of which are on my site. Like Bruce, I try to clear up two days a week for personal time off, in my case its Sun. and Mon., most people I know do, but if I can lend a hand to someone in need, I will try my best no matter the day. My shop hours are 9:30AM - 5:30PM Tues - Fri. and 9 -2 on Sat., but I have been known to work Mon. if I need to, more than I really want to.

Bruce has stated facts concerning the company of Tank Sports in that Mike Turber is an employee there who has very little to do with parts, mainly marketing, dealer sales and development from what I know about him. I don't think he will respond directly with anyone's needs unless it is a dealer and even then, I am not positive a dealer will get anything but a phone number of who to call. I am a Redcat dealer who has access to Tank products, but I have yet to order a unit from them so far. Their inventory has been low for some time and is just now starting to build their warehouses up that was part of the Redcat acquisition.

You are in need of a small piece, a bracket, that can easily be made I am sure. I contacted Tank's Parts Dept. and they do not stock these, but told me that it could be brought in from Mexico as they have a facility there now. This is an inexpensive part, but by the time they charge me shipping and then I ship to you, you are looking at spending $20-$25 for a part that could be made for a couple of bucks. If you could send me a pic of the other mount along with the measurements, I will try to help you out and save you a few dollars. If you would rather get the factory replacement, I will stay on their case till I get one sent to me.