View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #1

4-Day Trip to the Great Salt Lake: 2010

In the middle of September we were enjoying beautiful weather, so I decided to ride my Zong on my annual trip to the Great Salt Lake. I loaded up my J.C. Whitney travel trunk, and headed south to the Arbon Valley. Earlier in the fall, a forest fire burned just east of Arbon; fortunately, some welcome rainfall descended to limit the damage.

Stopping in Arbon, I paused to examine the hay harvest of a local farmer.

The Arbon Valley is beautiful, and sparsely populated; I always enjoy riding there.

Some of the wheat had not yet been harvested, so I paused to take a few photographs of the “amber waves of grain.”

Traveling farther south, I approached a familiar peak.

The panorama of the Arbon Valley to the north from this peak is wonderful. Here are a few photographs I took from this peak on a different, earlier ride.

This day I continued riding toward Utah. However, I paused again in front of another familiar peak.

The view of the Arbon Valley to the to the west, and south, is superb from this mountaintop; here are a few photos I took from this peak on an earlier ride.

With many miles yet to travel this day, I continued riding southward to the Great Salt Lake.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894