View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #2

Re: For XF200, XP200, and Konker 200 owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921
Looking to see how accuate the speedometers are for you guys. Mine is reading way off. I put a bicycle speedo on my XF200 to get a more accurate reading of speed/distance. I was driving mine up to my Mom's house with my wife behind in our car and she said that I was only going 55 mph....and backing up traffic. I was showing 64 mph on the bicycle speedometer but 70 mph on the Qlink speedo. I can recalibrate the bicycle one but I'm thinking that I got a speedo intended for an XP. Does it stand to reason that a XP speedometer for 21" wheels on a 17" wheeled XF would show a higher mph than what I am truly traveling? Is anybody else having that wide of a margin between indicated and actual speed?
You don't know if your wife's speedo is accurate either.

Do you have a GPS or a cell phone with GPS?

My Q read a little low, 60 indicated at 55 actual, but with the slightly larger tires (knobbies instaead of the Kenda dualsports) it currently reads right on.

Good question about the XP/XF speedos. I don't know but I have assumed they use differently geared speedo drives. I know the final drive gearing is the same.