View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 01:55 AM   #32

Quote:
Hey Sam!

Thanks for the update. I never thought of a Gixxer Power Bomb on a KLR, but I guess the KLR does have a relationship with Suzuki. Was the pipe a good fit at the head?

You packed a lot of gear on your bike. Were you camping? What is BRP?

Is that an old XR converted to DS next to your bike?
Hey Derryk! Hope you're doing well!

The only GSXR part is the 3.8lb Titanium muffler. The Powerbomb header is from FMF and is actually made for the KLR. Sorry, that probably wasn't clear. Yes, it fits perfectly. I did have to cut the inner fender to clearance it a little. If not it would melt.

Yes, we were camping. I have my tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, a little food, wet weather gear and clothes for a week in the green drybag. The small yellow drybag has emergency items, spare parts and tools.

The white bike to the left of mine is a 1999 Suzuki DR650. Chinariders member Pumpkin who works with me owns that bike. He posted here a few years back about his Lifan. He's moved on to the DR and is now looking to sell it and buy a new DL650 V-Strom next Spring.

Great trip! The weather got us in the end and we made a run for home earlier than planned. We planned for 6 days but only lasted 4. Some of our group bailed on the third day and with just 3 of us left, the group dynamic was lost. We soldiered on but made a mad '600 mile' dash for home on Thursday.

SamM
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II