View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 05:01 AM   #28

Just want to report that I am still plugging away at my bike project. Many of the mods on my list have been done. Mostly the small stuff. The Vapor is on the bike, along with the new Spal cooling fan and the Moose Racing fatbars. I will be continuing the lightening process. This bike is pretty much going to stay as it is now, but a few changes will hopefully make it better. I'll need to keep this one as my daily driver and it's turned out to be great for commuting. Some suspension mods are in the works. Possibly a new rear shock and new front springs for sure. A new, bigger front brake may also be something that I want to do. The oversize 270mm Galfer wave rotor works fine but when I add hardbags and a little more weight, the front braking could become overwhelmed with the changes. I'm also looking to finally add the Rekluse auto-clutch this Winter. A smaller IMS fuel tank and Happy-Trail radiator protection will be on the bike soon. New SW-Motch EVO racks from Twisted Throttle are going on it with my Pelican hardbags. This is a better option than my very large drybag and cyclerack. If money works out, I'd also like to finally get my new 21/18" Excel wheels ordered and on it this Winter. One of my pictures shows the bike with a 950 windscreen added to the Trail Tech headlight. I've tilted it forward Rally style and it works great.

My new exhaust system is on the bike and I'll be changing the jetting this week to cure the VERY rich condition that I've been dealing with. I may keep the KLX needle but I'll be doing a few little carb tricks to improve fuel atomization. I'll report how those work. The carb also needs a new diaphram. The balancer adjuster still needs fixed on this one. Just never found time to do it. At 10,000 miles it's long overdue, so I'll get to that one in a week or so. Riding season is about over here. There's really no hurry as the weather is turning crappy.

Hope everyone here is doing well! Take care!

SamM

Recent trip on BRP

New '01 GSXR1000 TI mufflerand Powerbomb header
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II