View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 09:16 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Glad to have you join in, DaddyDave.

Dlunt said a mouthfull as you can see for yourself browsing through the posts ... both good and bad.

What you will find mostly is a group of guys and/or gals that enjoy the sport of riding and owning a NEW bike that didn't force them into the pocket book TOO deep. Also, the chance to sharpen their skills as you will be forced into servicing your ride in most cases as dlunt said about not having a lot of dealers nearby. I am located in MS and I am a dealer for Lifan products, so if you choose to lean towards these bikes, I may be able to help with parts for you. Just ask if I can be of any service. Whatever bike you decide on, be sure to check into the parts situation for that particular company, it will prove to be invaluable later on. A lot of stuff on this forum for you to devulge in that will help a whole lot with that decision.
I, too, have owned many of the Big Four bikes throughout my 30+ biker years and still have a Valkyrie for the long runs, but the GY-5 does a great job for short hops and intermitant trail rides.
Ride safe, my friend!
Tom