View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #22

wow doc.. i like alot..nice garage!.. hat off to you, a credit. Love the bikes. some great bits of kit.

Did you do the re-paint your self?

I did a 2K paint job on my bug, it was the biggest thing i`ve sprayed. Bare metal chasis. Amount of elbow grease that goes into is unreal. And i went down the Pearl base coat route as well. Not cheap at 25UKP a Ltr. love painting lots.. I m really good mechanic at heart, but my fist love is electronics. I do that for a living. SMD design. But i found that paint was a new hobby. Also i went into MIG and TIG welding also. All these skillz are of course, badly needed in restoration.

I am dagging to get my paws on somthin old. a old car.. perhaps.. nothing had tempted me so far as funds go. Owning a VW bug, i might move , when iam rich enuf to do a Type 2 (camper) but bring it into the 21st . But in keeping with hertitage of the old buses. Good electronics and engine tech.

Bikes are fun. and somthin bigger but older i would like next. Somthing extreme like an old T500 or even brittish..

The chineese route is an experiment for me..see if i can make a poor bike better. Power/paint/locktight..lol