View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #71

Well, weld for bracket that gas tank is mounted to broke loose. Fabricated some angle-aluminum into a U, bolted it to top of frame, and bolted front of tank to that. What a stupid setup, tinyass little bracket with a crappy weld.

Now that I have the front plastic off, been trying to figure out what is vibrating like hell all the time. The exhaust pipe was touching the frame, which explains part of it. Also, the rear brake pedal, where it touchs the adjuster bolt, was the culprit as well. Gotta put some kind of rubber cap on that bolt...

Next step is getting this quad, and my dirtbike, registered and insured. Damn insurance company wants RIV documents, which GIO doesn't supply. They got the NVIS and COOV documents, haven't heard back. Think I will try another insurance company.

EDITED TO ADD:
Rear wheels - the splines in the hubs must be bigger than the splines on the driveshaft, cause the wheels are getting wobbly as hell. And they should have put more cross-drilled holes for the cotter pin, cause I don't think I can tighten it enough to make it to the next hole...grr...