Thread: casoli gold cdi
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #2

well got to do some riding around the back yard and a few short blasts up and down my street today.. the cdi is deff worth the price and is a great mod, but one thing to remember in order to take full advantage of what it does you do need to do the supporting mods. intake and exhaust at the minimum, with a performance coil being another great thing to add to support the cdi..

i got a smoother idle, quicker start, just all around smoother through the entire power band thanks to ignition curve adjustments this unit does. i have a small ruttish type thing in my back yard that i hit shortly after getting into my top end power band. before the cdi and fmf pipe that rut was no issue. but now and esp more so after the cdi, i have to back off the throttle because if i hit that smooth rutt at full throttle the front end does float up on me.

*warning*
you might have to do a rejet after installing this. when i did my fmf pipe before i installed the cdi. i lowered the clip on my needle jet one notch. got the pipe installed and it was too rich so i had to raise it back up to the center notch for the motor revv and run properly. upon installing this cdi i had to once again lower the needle jet one notch and change out my main jet from a 90 to a 92.5 and i still think i am slightly lean on the top end.