View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 11:19 PM   #27

well, I took pictures and the motor out and apart,,, but the pics didnt survive :( so here is what i know. it is the large motor as it is 11.5 inches mount hole to shaft. so I took the top end out and...

there was crap on one rod that holds the cylinder in but it was not magnetic as per my neo magnet. so

the cylinder walls were smooth and the rings were beautiful so took off the lower part and no problems (ps. it is over-sized from the actual cylinder so I dont think any machining will be necessary if i upgrade to the 150cc.

ok for the fun, with all the cylinder off and the piston off. the crank still is tough . i did pinpoint it to the connecting rod of the cylinder. with everything off that is the only thing that is tight at the "main shaft" (ill call it that, it is inside the motor a bolt that goes from one side of the motor to the other))

well I got both nuts off that and made a makeshift pulley to pull off the alternator but it wouldnt pop off. so im stuck with that.

I was going to try to grind that (the cylinders rod )) down till it moved freely but could not get the left side off to get the main motor open.

any comments would help.