View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 11:39 PM   #1

Want to get a scooter... need some advice

Gonna keep the Roketa DB07... But thinkin of trading/selling my crotch rocket, and getting a scooter to get around town on... I had the chance to ride a Qlink Legacy "motorcycle" it is a cruiser looking bike, but has the Honda Helix 250cc driveline. I liked it a lot.. never driven a twist and go bike before... gotta admit it was nice... and I am getting tired of the cramped crotch rocket.. and shifting... would like to just relax while riding.

I would like to find something that COULD go for short hops on the freeway. But it is not a requirement.

Debating on 50cc two stroke or bigger 4 stroke... I like the low maint aspect of the 2 stroke most are oil injected.. so just add oil... and I have seen some vids of people that have hopped them up to go prety fast.. way over 60MPH. But the 4 strokers seem to be taking over... and I think they are quieter.

The Kymco Super 9 fite this bill for the 2 stroker
Here is a pic of that one.

On the other hand I could get a Lifan LF150T-6 which is a 4 stroker for a good price... the info I have seen says it will do 60MPH.

Here is a pic of the Lifan LF150T-6

I am very mechanically inclined... so tearing into an engine to do upgrades does not scare me.

Anybody have any suggestions.... or comments.. Even if you think I am nuts.... It would be appreciated.
BTW the crotch rocket is an 84 Honda VF500 pictured here. It runs great.

Thanks

Ken