Thread: MYXP200
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #31

I took the XP to a memorial day cookout, that was in Fairview Park, the other side of the county. When I ride across I usually go through the city, Cleveland/Cuyahoga County is an East/West city. So I like heading north to the lake before heading west.

I stopped at East Ninth, this is were the Rock-n-Roll Museum is and also Browns Stadium….

The Museum and Great Lakes Science Center behind it.

View north from the harbor up Ninth street.

The harbor, the William G. Mather Museum, a retired iron ore boat.

Science Center

Browns Stadium

I headed west from the city along the lake front to Rocky River, which is a river that leads into the Metro Parks. This is the boat launches near the mouth of the river.

I forgot my memory cards and could not take any more pictures. It's nice area the mouth of the river has a marina with some homes on the river and surrounding bluffs.
The river defines a part of the Metro Parks called Rocky River Reservation and is part of a large park system called the Emerald Necklace. It's a series of connected parks that ring the urban area, like a necklace.

I took the parkway to get to the party both Fairview Park and the Rocky River are on the Parkway, that being the park runs through both cities. I could not take pictures at the party…I ran out of storage, the old camera uses 16MB memory cards…I only brought one!