View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #40

I went down to 3d cycles today for some parts. I got front and rear brake shoes. Apparently the front brake shoes are discontinued but there is a few left in Ontario or something, but they are around $75! Darwin did some research and found they use the same one as a cm400 I believe it was, and they were much cheaper, around $38. I got a clutch lever and ordered a brake lever, and ordered a clutch cable. I also got a gas cap for my ct70, because I don't want to leave it to get crud or water in it while I'm not working on it. And... a ZoX 3/4 helmet that was on for $59. I'm pretty good at spending money I could have saved a bit on eBay I'm sure, but I went this route for convenience and speediness. I can't get a front brake shoe on eBay, and I also no longer have a paypal account... If I factor in the time waiting to get everything, waiting for auctions to end, driving down to the border, and the fee at the mailbox place it isn't a huge advantage. I also like to support the local guy if I can... Speaking of which, I was talking to Darwin and he says they are going to be getting bikes out of the USA so they will still be selling new Honda's apparently? I also saw two shiny new Xingyue 400's down there. One of the street version and one of the "euro style adventure" versions... They look like good bikes, but I didn't see any tags on them, Darwin said they had them there for someone else.

A little bit more put together on the bike, swing arm, shocks, tail light, more wiring, grommets here and there... I also removed all the wiring from the old handle bars and fed it into the new one, and moved over the controls. That's put back on to the fork top bridge along with the gauges, and is just waiting for the forks now then it can go back onto the bike.