View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 08:34 PM   #63

Quote:
Keep us posted, for sure.
It appears that your lower end is a Honda clone like a bunch of ours (163FML) When I went from the 15 to the 17......man....it was tight but fit perfectly.
One more tooth....I don't know.
Well it was a crappy, rainy weekend again here is St. Louis, but I did manage to get the 17 tooth on there. Just enough chain and adjustment without making any mods to the chain. No way an 18 would go on there without an extra link.. At least until the chain has some wear. Wow what a difference! Gearing is perfect now Pulls the front end nicely in 1st gear, and has long enough legs to run on the highway at 65 mph. I had a get together at my house Saturday, and between rain showers we got a some riding in. One of my friends says he actually prefers this bike to his KLR650 because it feels much lighter, but still has plenty of zip. Haven't done any real off-road testing yet, but there is a vacant lot in the neighborhood, and we did get it muddy. So far it looks like an off-road beast.

More good news to report! The rear shock seems to be softening up nicely... I mean a HUGE improvement! Also, after a few wheelies I was able to get a measurement of front fork travel by checking the oil ring on the fork tubes. A full 6.5 inches of travel and no bottoming! The engine continues to amaze everyone that rides it.