View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:24 PM   #17

Part 3 Assembly

I got in a bit of a hurry last night, so I didn't document every step of the assembly, but it's very straight forward. We used a floor jack to put the bike up in the air enough to install the front wheel. There are spacers for each side, and the speedometer drive hub that have to be aligned while sliding the axle through. I also used a bit of Moly grease on the axle, then tighten down the 2 hex head axle pinch bolts. There is a bolt to attach the lower shock to the fulcrum cam, another to attach the rear brake pedal, and you have 3 screws to bolt on the front fender. You also need to attach to bolts to the headlight assembly, and one each for 2 turn signals that don't come attached.

I did notice that the air filter is a paper unit. These work fine, but need replacement eventually if you don't protect them. I used a rolled up piece of house air conditioner filter as a pre-filter. A bit of oil on this would give even more protection in dusty, sandy, and other off-road conditions.

Stock filter.

My pre-filter solution.

The first thing that really stands out is how beautiful, and impressive the engine looks.

Other side.

The forks are beefy! Lots of travel too...

Lots of bite here.

Overall look and quality is impressive for a bike in this price range!