Thread: MBD hits hard
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #12

A few years back, I had a hot rod 1998 Buell S1W. I took it to the extreme with a 115rwhp engine rebuild. The usual stuff, Jims roller rockers, NRHS Hurricane adj pushrods, 1250 Nikasil cylinders, Mikuni HSR45 carb, Force Motor Products race header, NRHS Hurricane 11.5:1 pistons, .585 Red Shift cams, ThunderHeart programmable billet ignition, NRHS Stage 3 XB/XL1200R heads, etc... When the SuperDuke came out I said that was the bike Buell should be building. My plan was to get one but my biking needs changed through the years. After, I high-sided the Buell and rebuilt it, I decided to get back into dualsport bikes. I bought a 2004 KTM 625 SMC 'Supermoto' bike. What a freakin' BLAST! The most fun you can have with your clothes on! SERIOUS FUN! I'm talkin' total harassment of sportbike riders. I'd go trolling for sportbikes on it. They couldn't cattch me in the twisties, no how, no way! The power to weight ratio from the 625 in the light MX style frame was excellent. As long as the straight wasn't too long you could usually get the jump on any sportbike. Great fun! In the turns, GOODBYE, SEE YA! I'd be sitting in Cool Springs on Rt. 50 with a half a cup of coffee waiting on them to catch up! I'm not that good, but the bike was!

As I got older and had kids I've needed to slow way down. The KTM 950 Adventure S is all the streetbike I need. It's a do everything bike for me. The SuperDuke is nice, but I'd have no use for one. Cool bike though!
2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II