Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #4

It's a step in the right direction anyway. I've offered to help as well as my family and many others. They just don't seem to be listening. The odd thing is, I grew up on this farm and have raised all my kids here as well. The people in the small town close to the project have always been a bit clanish as well as selfish and unless each individual can see dollars in his or her pocket, it's nearly impossible to get them to work together because they're afraid the guy next to them will make an extra buck or two, even if they themselves make five. We live 12mi from the town and I as well as my kids all went to school and graduated there, and they still have a tendency to make anyone living outside of town feel like ya don't belong there. My wife is going to set up a meeting with the mayor, so we'll see how much they want the extra revenue. The town has a population of 250 people but I'm sure they include, cats, dogs, and wildlife to come up with that many. I guess, I shouldn't talk about them like that but for the most part it's true, and I'm sure a good number of small towns are similar.