View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #17

Bwhahaa! I think they actually put more attention to detail in the shipping frame than they did the ATV! I cant break it apart!! Nahh.. it's not that bad. It's pretty much what I expected for $650, 'cept they sent me the $640 one and charged me $650 (cheaper front bumper). The structural welds actually look pretty good. Non-structural like bird poop. The steering knuckles are a different design and not like the ones pictured on the site. These look good. They are cast and look sturdy. The A-arms are gusseted well, and the engine looks good. One totally ridiculous thing is; The ONLY way to get access to the engine oil dipstick is to remove the right side foot-well which takes 8 nut/bolts. I suppose it's 'safer' this way since it seals off the hot engine from your kids. Another crazy thing is; The carb bowl vent hose terminates into something that looks just like a fuel filter, except the open end is plugged off?!?! I snipped off the sealed end w/ pliers. Otherwise there'd be no way for the carb bowl to vent. There is also no fuel shut-off valve or a fuel filter on it. In fact it's only about 6" of fuel line between the tank and the carb. Very little room in there. Oh.. and a WHOLE mess of wiring. It's got the two headlamps on the body and one on the handlebar. I'll snap some photos in the next day or 3..

Joel